Progressive leaders are committed to promoting justice for Americans against the power of the government, the bigotry of majorities, and the inequality of economic institutions. These programs should:
- Expand Civil Liberties such as protecting the Rights of Defendants and Free Speech
- Enforce Civil Rights, including Stop Race Discrimination and Protect Affirmative Action, Protect Womens Rights, Gay Rights, End Disability Discrimination, Prevent Discrimination Based on National Origin, and Protect Immigrants from Private Discrimination
- Promote Criminal Justice and Public Safety in ways that Address Causes of Crime while Protecting Victims of Crime and establishing an Effective Criminal Justice System
- Build Economic Opportunity and Anti-Poverty Programs that Improve Aid to the Poor, promote Asset Building for All Children and Progressive Saving Incentives to overcome economic inequality.
- Protect Access to Civil Justice to keep corporate wrongdoing accountable, including Ending Mandatory Arbitration, requiring Secret Settlement Disclosure, Protecting Jury Power to Award Damages and providing Legal Services for Poor and Working Families