- Policy Resources
- News & Analysis
- Your State
Matt Singer on February 15, 2006 - 2:25pm
Families need help. That's the message that every parent will tell you, as costs strain family budgets.
We need to help families provide their core economic needs:
- We should make dramatic reforms in Health Care to restrain costs and to make quality care available and affordable for every person and family in our society.
- With housing the largest expense for most family budgets, we should redouble efforts to make Affordable Housing available for all families across the country.
- We should promote the rebuilding of workplace-based Pensions and provide families with additional Asset Building opportunities.
- All school should receive equitable funding to assure Quality Education for each child, and we should make sure that college education is affordable for all families.
- We should provide help with Child Care costs and expand Pre-Kindergarten programs to improve early childhood development.
- Workplaces should offer adequate paid time off for Family Leave.
- In order to promote workplace equality for women, we should defend Reproductive Freedom and contraceptive equity.