- Policy Resources
- News & Analysis
- Your State
Charles Monaco on June 7, 2012 - 11:12am
How have progressives been fighting back against the right-wing onslaught in statehouses in 2012? How can legislators, organizations, and activists work together to advance a positive vision in the states in 2013 and beyond? What can we all learn from policy battles this year going forward? Those are just some of the questions on the agenda for Netroots Nation, taking place this weekend in Providence, RI.
Progressive States Network (along with our partner Progressive States Action) will be at Netroots Nation this year - if you see us, stop by and say hi!
On Saturday June 9th at 10:30am, PSN's Suman Raghunathan will be moderating a panel on progressive legislative caucuses at the state and local level. Suman and the panel - New York City Council Member Melissa Mark-Viverito, Progress Ohio Executive Director Brian Rothenberg, and Rhode Island State Representative Chris Blazejewski - will talk about the growing importance of progressive caucuses to advancing state and local policies, winning messaging wars and influencing the debate in their respective states and cities. They'll share their experiences about how state and local progressive caucuses can best work with allies to define progressive values in the states and grow the national progressive movement.
The panel will be livestreamed here on Saturday morning, so click back here then.
Here's a roundup of some other sessions at this year's Netroots Nation which will feature a discussion of the importance of state policy. Visit NetrootsNation.org for more, including livestreams of many of the below panels, and follow @PSNwire on Twitter for the latest news on state policy at #NN12 this weekend.
Thursday, June 7:
- Taking the Offense in State Elections - 9:00am ET
- Victory in Ohio: How Senate Bill 5 was Defeated - 10:30am ET
- Whose Law Is It Anyway? ALEC’s Influence on State Legislatures and What We Can Do About It - 3:00pm ET
- Working Rhode Island: How We Built a Progressive Movement in Rhode Island - 4:30pm ET
- Protecting Voting Rights in Communities of Color in 2012 - 4:30pm ET
Friday, June 8:
- Take a Walk, Scott: Post-Mortem of the Wisconsin Recalls - 10:30am ET
- 2012 and the War on (and for) Women - 12:00pm ET
- Bold Progressive 99% Candidates in 2012 - 3pm ET
Saturday, June 9: