- Policy Resources
- News & Analysis
- Your State
Webinar: State and Local Immigration Laws: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
The Catholic Legal Immigration Network, Inc. (CLINIC) sponsored a webinar to discuss positive state and local policies and legislation that effectively integrate immigrant workers and residents. The webinar was co-sponsored by ACLU Immigrants’ Rights Project, the National Immigration Law Center, and Progressive States Network, and took place on December 15, 2010.
Presenters on the webinar included:
- Attorney Jennifer Chang Newell of the ACLU Immigrants’ Rights Project (attorney on the Hazelton, PA and Farmers Branch cases)
- Vik Malhotra, ACLU Advocacy and Policy Counsel
- Suman Raghunathan, Progressive States Network’s Immigration Policy Specialist
- Jonathan Blazer, National Immigration Law Center’s Public Benefits Attorney
- Debbie Smith, Catholic Legal Immigration Network, moderator.
View an archived version of the webinar here: