- Policy Resources
- News & Analysis
- Your State
WEBINAR: ACA 101: What Legislators Need to Know Before 2014
06/10/2013 - 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Major changes to the health care landscape are happening in 2014:
- Learn about the game-changing market reforms.
- Find out if "rate shock" claims come true as new premiums are announced.
- Many of your consituents will be eligible for tax credits of up to $5,000 to buy health insurance. Make sure they know.
- Enrolling in Health Insurance Marketplaces begins October 1 of this year. Find out how your office can assist constituents who are eligible -- whether your state runs its own exchange or not.
- The "woodwork effect" will impact your state's Medicaid budget -- whether your state expands Medicaid or not. Find out how much.
- And more!
Speakers will include:
- Washington State Senator Karen Keiser
- Sara Rosenbaum, health law expert from George Washington University
- Cathy Schoen, The Commonwealth Fund
- Plus lots of Q&A and legislator discussion
This webinar series is supported by The Commonwealth Fund, a national, private foundation based in New York City that supports independent research on health care issues and makes grants to improve health care practice and policy.