On Tuesday June 29th, 2010, one month before Arizona's draconian immigration law was set to take effect, state legislators from across the country stood together to show how their states are rejecting the politics of division illustrated by Arizona’s recent approach, and advancing inclusive, pro-immigrant policies at the state level - policies that promote the effective integration of immigrants as critical members of communities and state economies. On a call co-hosted by Progressive States Network  and National Immigration Law Center , these leaders introduced State Legislators for Progressive Immigration Policy , a rapidly growing network of dozens of legislators in 28 states leading the way forward with effective and positive solutions to address the nation’s broken immigration system at the state level.
- State Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (Arizona)
- State Sen. Joe Bolkcom (Iowa)
- State Sen. Daylin Leach (Pennsylvania)
- State Sen. Luz Robles (Utah)
- Suman Raghunathan (Progressive States Network)
- Jonathan Blazer (National Immigration Law Center)